Sunday, July 15, 2012

Quiet Critters

I started one of my Pinterest projects. They're called....

Quiet Critters!

I thought the idea was a great twist for classroom management since I am going to a new management system, "Habits Cash." It will pretty much work like character cash. Long story short, when I want silence in the classroom I plan to place these cute little critters on the corner of each child's desk. Any child who still has the critter after the specified time will earn extra cash. I hope it works! I know I will have to give them parameters, like no touching or moving critter. You guys know how kids can be.

How to Make these Cute Critters

If you're interested, please please don't spend any money outside of the Dollar Tree. All of the items (pom-poms, wiggly eyes, and foam paper) can be purchased there. I used little heart shaped foam for their feet, but you can also cut the foam pieces.

I didn't see directions on Pinterest. I am crediting teaching chick for the idea, since I stumbled upon them from her pin.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This is a cute idea! A good way to hold kids accountable for a designated task or period of time. Thanks for sharing!
    Rebecca
    Classroom Compulsion

    ReplyDelete