One problem I have in my classroom is that I have no space for communicating with my students. Since my math partner is moving next to me (the adjoining room), I wanted to optimize our space. What I needed was a communication board for my students located somewhere between both of our rooms.
Yesterday, I went to Home Depot and purchased a 2' X 4' panel and had in cut to 3'.
Included in my purchase was chalkboard spray paint, paint pens, and duct tape.
After applying four coats of spray paint, I added a duct tape border (my room is polka dot themed).
This is what it looked like when the basics were done.
I used paint pens to write the date, agenda title, and homework.
The final test... CHALK! I think it turned out pretty cute! On to my next project... freebies for everyone!