Monday, September 3, 2012

New School Year, Tons of Kids, Already Drowning!

I am three weeks into the school year, and I am already drowning! I honestly think the new class size "normal" is a little on the excessive side. I have 30 students in my inclusion homeroom, and since my team is departmentalized, my other class also has 30 students. When you add that up it equals 60 kids. I can't even keep up with spelling inventories and writing prompts. I know it is still early in the school year, but I am starting to worry about how I am going to keep everything organized, graded, and sane. I had a great two weeks, but got a real good taste of crowd control this past week. Is it even possible to start a workshop within a reasonable amount of time?




If anyone out there has any, ANY suggestions on how to survive this school year please please comment away!


On a brighter note, I am SUPER DUPER THRILLED about drama club auditions this week! My friend, Abby, over at Third Grade Book Worm and I are heading it all up with a few fabulous staff members and about 60 students.


Oh and for those of you who keep up with my TpT store, I have just finished up a HUGE Types of Sentences pack with leveled game/resources.






Happy Blogging!

P.S.

I give mad props to those of you who are able to keep up with your blogs throughout the school year!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment