Sunday, September 9, 2012

Let the Writing Begin: Engaging Beginnings!

For those of you who don't know, my school is departmentalized from 1st grade to 5th. My math partner is currently working on starting her blog, so as soon as she gets it up and running, I will link it to my blog.


My new freebie was a life saver last year. My students always struggle with engaging beginnings. I used this as an anchor chart. I printed it as poster size and gave each student a copy to place in their interactive notebooks. I referred to the chart numerous times throughout the school year. Each time they began a new piece of writing, I always encouraged them to try a different beginning. Also, I had the kids try various beginnings with the same story.



By the end of the year, my students were able to start their writing without me having to remind them to use an engaging beginning.

Click here to get this freebie from my TpT store.

The anchor chart page includes 4th grade standards.
The second page is the generic anchor chart.

Happy Blogging!
Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment